The Exhibition, part of the educational activities proposed by the Fondazione Musei Civici Veneziani, presents an itinerary that is a synthesis of traditional and contemporary visual communication through handwriting.
The exhibition, curated by Monica Dengo and Monica Viero, proposes handwritten documents from the Museum Correr Library, in particular materials documenting the private and daily use of handwriting over the centuries, along with contemporary artworks that have in common the practice of writing by hand as image, bundle of written marks capable of communicating per se.
The show is organized in four parts:
- Historical: manuals, letters and private documents with handwritings from the 1500's to the 1900's from the Correr Museum Library.
- Contemporary: Artworks on paper and artist's books by contemporary artists working with Western, Islamic and Eastern calligraphy.
Artists: Kitty Sabatier (France), Benno Aumann (Italy-Germany), Satsuki Hatsushima (England-Japan), Adriana Seri (Italy), Xin Ye (France-China). Hassan Massoudy (France-Iraq), Kolle Torsten (Germany), Mari Bohley (Germany), Cinzia Scuderi (Italy), Birgit Nass (Germany), Ewan Clayton (England), Brody Neuenshwander (Belgium-USA), Carlo Buffa (Italy), Monica Dengo (Italy-USA), Akar Abdallah (France-Tunisia), Laurent Rebena (France), Michaela Keller (Switzerland), Norio Nagayama (Italy-Japan).
- Installation by Monica Dengo: I invite you to make the text your own. Text to touch, smell, listen and feel.
- Workshop: The works of students participating in the calligraphy workshop, held by Monica Dengo, will be exhibited in the show.
- Venue: Correr Museum, Piazza San Marco, Venice
- Official opening: Friday 1 October, h 18
- Open to the public: 2 – 31 October 2010
- Opening hours: 10am/18pm (ticket office 10am/17pm)
Email: email@example.com call center 848082000 (from Italy) +3904142730892 (from abroad)
call center 848082000 (from Italy)
+3904142730892 (from abroad)
Download the Introductory Text to the catalogue
© 2008 Monica Dengo. All rights reserved